Amend its three-year MOU with Hamilton County
Public notice is hereby given that Springfield Township, Ohio, proposes to modify its three-year Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) projects as funded by Hamilton County, Ohio. Springfield Township proposes to amend its three-year MOU with Hamilton County to reallocate $50,000 in CBDG funds from the Madeleine Circle Road Project to the Frost Park Improvement Project. The 5-Day Comment Period will begin on August 7, 2023 and end on August 11, 2023. All comments should be submitted to Kathleen Kennedy, at email@example.com or 513-728-4278 by 5:00 p.m. on August 11, 2023
Notice of Springfield Township’s Intent to Sell Personal Property By Internet Auction
On December 22, 2022, Springfield Township enacted Resolution Number 5-2023 expressing its intent to sell unneeded, obsolete, or unfit-for-use Township personal property by internet auction. In this Resolution, Springfield Township established that internet auctions shall be conducted:
1. By a representative for the Township, including but not limited to web brokers and established internet auction websites;
2. According to the requirements of R.C. 505.10(D) and by providing a description (and a photograph where available) of the item to be auctioned, and by establishing a minimum bid amount, and the cost of delivery where applicable;
3. Specifically stating any terms and conditions of the bidding or the sale, including but not limited to whether the item must be picked-up or delivered;
4. Permitting bidding to take place for fifteen (15) days, including Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays;
5. Selling the property to the highest, qualified bidder at the conclusion of the auction;
6. Requiring the highest, qualified bidder to pay for the property at the auctioned price and to comply with any other conditions or terms of sale established for any particular item of personal property no later than ten (10) days after the conclusion of the auction. Payment for personal property auctioned via internet auction shall be made by cash, certified check, money order, credit/debit card, or PayPal account. A service charge of 3% of the final bid amount shall be added to all credit/debit payments to cover the administrative fee for such payments. Only Visa, Mastercard, and Discover Card will be accepted. An administrative fee of four percent (4%) of the final bid amount shall be added to all PayPal payments to cover the fee paid to PayPal by the Township;
7. Requiring vehicles sold at internet auction to be subject to the following additional terms. Vehicles shall be sold as-is, without any warranties, including warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. Vehicles listed for auction will be available for viewing by contacting the Springfield Township Administrative Offices for an appointment during normal business hours. Title transfer and payment of all sales taxes and transfer fees will be the responsibility of the successful bidder. A notarized title will be provided to the successful bidder at the time of pick-up.
8. Voiding the auction after the ten (10) day period if highest, qualified bidder fails to pay for the property at the auctioned price and in compliance with any other conditions or terms of sale and refusing to sell the property to the highest, qualified bidder and reclaiming the property;
9. Reserving the right, at its sole discretion, to sell any property reclaimed after a voided auction to the next-highest qualified bidder, to re-auction the property, or to remove the property from auction entirely.
10. Reserving the right, at its sole discretion, to sell any property reclaimed after a voided auction or after the failure to receive a bid satisfying the terms and conditions of the auction, without auction, as permitted by R.C. 505.10(B).
Resolution Number 5-2023 became effective on December 22, 2022.
A copy of this Summary is available on Springfield Township’s website (www.Springfieldtwp.org) under the Internet Auction Information heading.