- Township Services
- Fire Chief
Springfield Township Fire Chief, Rick Browe leads one of the busiest fire departments in Hamilton County. He was appointed Chief in 2023 upon serving as Assistant Chief for the township 26 years.
Born in the Chicago area, Chief Browe’s family moved to Springfield Township while in elementary school. He graduated from Roger Bacon High School. A 42 year veteran on the Fire Service, Chief Browe joined Northern Hills Fire Department in July 1980 serving for 16 years progressing to the rank of Captain. When the Township consolidated three private fire companies into one Township department in 1996, he was given the rank of part-time Captain. In September of 1997, he was promoted to full-time Assistant Fire Chief.
Chief Browe also served with the Mariemont Fire Department from 1988 to 1997 progressing from part-time firefighter to full-time Assistant Fire Chief. He left in 1997 to accept the Township position. He also served with the Fairfield Fire Department as a part-time firefighter from 1992 -1994.
He was a member of the Hamilton County USAR team for several years and is a member of the Hamilton County Fire Chiefs Association, the Ohio Fire Chiefs Association, and the International Fire Chiefs Association.
Chief Browe holds the following certifications:
- Firefighter II
- Fire Inspector
- Fire Instructor
- HazMat Tech
- BERT Tech
Chief Browe resides in Springfield Township. He is married and has one daughter, three sons, and nine grandchildren.
- Does the Springfield Township Fire Department provide Paramedic Service?
- If I call 911 for a medical emergency, does Springfield Township arrive with EMTs or paramedics?
- What is the difference between an EMT and a Paramedic?
- Does the township offer CPR training?
- How do I report a leaking fire hydrant?
- How can I tell if my smoke detector needs to be replaced?
- Is open burning of brush and debris allowed in Springfield Township?
- Does the Springfield Township Fire Department provide citizen CPR training?
- Why do several different Fire Departments respond to building fires?
- Can I drop off medical needles to the fire department for disposal?