We have received a few calls asking if the date has changed in Springfield Township for Halloween. Halloween in the Township is still set for Oct 31st, 6-8pm. With the questional be weather forecast, many neighborhoods are holding indoor gatherings for children, taking upon it themselves to organize a trick-or-treat tonight (Oct 30th) with neighbors, or will be heading to the mall on Halloween. (Tri-County Mall 4-6pm, Northgate Mall 4-7pm) Please stay safe if you do plan to go out.
- Don’t be distracted with electronic devices.
- Drivers are required to yield to pedestrians in a marked crosswalk and in unmarked crosswalks at intersections.
- Be especially alert, particularly in residential neighborhoods for pedestrians, both adult and children.
- Do not drive impaired. Report suspected impaired drivers immediately to police.
- Drive slowly!
- Walk on sidewalks when available. When no sidewalk is available, walk facing traffic as far away from the edge of the roadway as possible.
- Pedestrian should cross the roadways where drivers would expect them to.
- Pedestrians should make themselves visible by wearing reflective clothing and carrying flashlights.
- Stay alert particularly when in or near the roadways.